First off this was a great surprise from LittleOnionWrites over at LittleOnionWrites! Thank you so much for this!! This award is to recognize fellow bloggers and help others discover new blogs. Which is agreat idea (like all other blog awards)!
So, there are rules:
1) Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
2) Answer 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3) Nominate 9 new bloggers and come up with 11 new questions for them to answer.
4) Notify your nominees by visiting their blog and commenting.
And the questions LittleOnionWrites gave me are:
1. What book introduced you to the infinite world of reading?
As I kid I read heaps. But to pinpoint precisely which book got me hooked, well that’s hard. But I guess, the names that used to pop up a lot were Andy Griffths and Paul Jennings. I loved Paul Jennings “Un-” series with books like Unreal, Unmentionable , Uncanny , and others. While they’re children’s books, and mostly humour and comedy,they were also a little strange, bringing in bits of the macabre. But hell, once I got over my fear of all things frightening (except spiders, I still hate those), then reading Paul Jennings was a riot. And then, well from there on, Harry Potter introduced me to wider reading, and fantasy of a different, like the Abhorsen series by Garth Nix. All of these books are old favourites of mine that I’m pretty sure I’ll read over and over.
2. What is your favorite band/genre of music?
Favourite band/genre? Hmm, pretty easy. I generally like my rock or alternative rock with a splash of indie pop here and there. Muse is my all time favourite, because they just have everything, but I’m also a big fan of 30 Seconds to Mars and the Killers. And lately, I have discovered Imagine Dragons. On the indie/folk/pop side, I like Ed Sheeran, songs from Eurovision, and Owl City, and other random music moments! lol.
3. What is your favorite book, and what do you think is that book’s theme song?
Well, my favourite book right at this moment is The Darkest Minds and the sequel Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken, mostly because they’re awesome books, and while i have plenty of favourites, these two just always hit the top of the list. Theme Song: Monster by Imagine Dragons. I love that song, and I could totally use it as a theme for several other books and my own pieces of writing, but it would definitely fit with this series too. Particularly in one moment of Never Fade (which I won’t spoil here!!!)
4. What inspired you to make a blog?
I totally wanted to share my writing where it was good or bad, I wanted to just write whatever I want. And it started as a blog of 55 fiction stories, and well, now, it’s more of a poetry blog with various posts on random music and suggestive reads haha.
5. Divergent, The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson: If you have read any (or all) of these series, which faction/district/House would you be in, and who is your godly parent?
I am proud to say I have read all these books. I guess I would be in Dauntless Or Erudite but then I kind of overlap with all the other factions lol! My district in the Hunger Games would be District 12 because well, a quiz put me there lol. I’d be either Griffindor or Ravenclaw. And Percy Jackson. My godly parent would be Artemis, goddes of the hunt and Apollo’s twin, also associated with the moon :P
6. What is your favorite classic?
Oh goodness, saying Pride & Prejudice, I’d feel is too cliched, though I do love P & P. So to be different (as I do have plenty of favourite classics), I’ll say To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee and Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier.
7. Have you ever pretended to read a book for the sake of a conversation?
I have? I think once, but then I felt bad afterwards and went and read the book. But this was years ago. So long, I can’t remember which book it was now. I think it was a kid’s book actually. Lol!
8. Would you rather spend time reading, creating an outline for one of your many story plots, or fangirl over your favorite TV show?
Both a and b lol. I’d definitely spend time on reading and writing. And then, if I’ve hard enough of doing both of those, I’d fangirl over a favourite TV show!
9. What is your favorite book? Least favorite book?
There are too many favourites!!! Gosh I repeat myself haha, The Darkest Minds and Never Fade By Alexandra Bracken, The Study Series by Maria V. Snyder, Reached by Ally Condie and Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. PLUS a whole list of other favourites that I can’t list off the top of my head lol.
My least favourite books…probably Twilight. That definitely heads the list at the moment, I guess, but it’s not the only one.
10. What book are you currently reading?
Currently, I am reading Hidden (Firelight #3) by Sophie Jordan, I like that it’s short, and easy to finish, hate that I have so much other things to read that are not novels, such as academic papers and scholarly books.
11. What’s the funniest picture you’ve seen online recently?
Well, currently MKR (My Kitchen Rules) is running on TV, and well:
And any other MKR memes are just too funny!
And My lovely Nominees!
1) Poison For the Senses
2) Peter Wells aka Counting Ducks
3) In Her Avenue
4) Cloud ‘n’ Cups
6) I Didn’t Have My Glasses On (KSBeth)…
7) Walking With Alligators
8) Story Smitten
9) Peace, Love & Great Country Music
My Questions For You:
1) What is your favourite book of all time?
2) Who is the person who inspires you the most?
3) What was your secret dream as a child?
4) Continuing from Q3, are you still chasing the dream? Or have you given up?
5) Who is the one person you ever want to meet in this world?
6) If you could be someone else, who woul you be?
7) Favourite quote?
8) Favourite season and why?
9) Do you have a place you like to use as like a ‘secret garden’?
10) Where do you want to fly the most?
11) What is your favourite imagined place – can be from a fiction, movie, mind space and so on..?
Thanks again Little Onion Writes for this award!! I really appreciate it and I hope, many others will go and visit all these lovely blogs!